Tuesday, June 14, 2011

?!?Estoy Yoviendo?!?


So, I’ve been here for a few days and already had a couple of embarrassing experiences.  The first time it rained, I asked someone how to say, “it’s raining,” and they told me “esta yoviendo.”   I asked another person to see if I had it right, and I accidentally asked “estoy yoviendo?”  and he replied, “No!  You are not raining.” Hee hee, oops.  

Secondly, we went out to Lago de Coatapeque, and we took a boat ride around the beautiful lake.  The driver cut the engine when we were at the center of the lake, and asked if we wanted to go swimming.  Mia and Travis jumped in, and I carefully climbed down the side of the boat, and not very gracefully;)  However, the really embarrassing part was when we realized that we couldn’t get back into the boat.  The poor driver insisted we could get in, but when he finally realized that we really couldn’t, he told to climb up the engine.   One greasy Travis later, we realized that wouldn’t work.  Finally he told us to stand on a small loop of rope and he’d pull us in.  Somehow, the driver managed to pull Travis in, and they both pulled in me and Mia.  Yeah, I felt like a gringa.  My only question is, how many people are able to climb in?  Because there was no-thing to hold onto to get back into the boat.   Maybe this was the first time he’d attempted this.  Maybe it’ll be his lastJ

No comments:

Post a Comment